Utah Tech University

Concurrent Enrollment

Get Started

Concurrent Enrollment students will need to complete the application with help from their parent(s). Once they have completed the application and have a Dnumber, they will need to complete the registration process. After students have registered, they need to pay tuition each semester.



Students need to apply to the CE program each academic year.

Apply Now


Students need to register for courses each semester.

Register Now

Pay Tuition

Students need to pay tuition after registering each semester.

Pay Here

Learn How to Register!

Watch the video! –>


What does the application and registration process look like?

Students will need to complete both the application and registration process for Utah Tech University. The application must be done 24-48 hours prior to registration. The first time a student completes the application, they will receive an email from UT with their Digital ID number and instructions to get their MyUT account set-up.

Once students have completed their application, they are able to register for courses. Students can take courses either on their high school campus or on the Utah Tech University campus (this includes online courses at UT).

  • For courses at the high schools: Students can complete the registration process on their MyUT account by following these instructions.
  • For courses on UT campus: Students can reach out to our office to get registered. Students will need to send us their Digital ID number and the CRN(s) for the course(s) they would like to take, which can be found here.

See our website for instructional videos

What courses are available to CE students?

Utah Tech University currently has over 100 courses available to students through the concurrent enrollment program. Students can take courses at their high school, on Utah Tech main or branch campuses, and even online.

For students wanting to take courses on UT main campus, we recommend looking-up courses.



Check-Out Class Options

I don't know my Digital ID and/or Password. What do I do?

When students first sign-up for concurrent enrollment, Utah Tech will send them an email with their Digital ID and instructions to set-up their password. If they cannot find that email or have forgotten their Digital ID and/or password, students will need to go to the main Log-in page to retrieve or reset either (Please note: Students will need to know their SSN in order to obtain their Digital ID). Students can use this link to set-up their password for the first time, too. The Help Desk can also assist the student (not parents) with any problems in this process.

Parents: When resetting a password, the email will be sent to the student’s email address.

Go to Log-in Page

When registering for a class, I'm getting an error. What do I do?
  • Holds: Students are required to pay their concurrent enrollment tuition during the first few weeks of each semester. For students who do not pay their outstanding tuition, a financial hold is placed on their account until they have paid any outstanding balance. Students can find instructions to pay tuition here. Once payment has been made and processed, students can then register.
  •  Student Readmission: Students are required to complete the concurrent enrollment application every school year. If you have not completed the application for this school year, please do so. Once submitted, the application takes 24-48 hours to process, after which you will be able to register for your class. If the problem persists after 48 hours, please reach out to our office.
  • Student Status: Concurrent enrollment students cannot register themselves for regular classes on Utah Tech Campus. If a student would like to register for a course on UT campus or online through UT, they will need to reach out to the Concurrent Enrollment Office for assistance.
  • Perquisite: Some concurrent enrollment courses have a perquisite that students must fulfill prior to being able to enroll. Generally this is either an ACT score or another class. For students needing an English or History perquisite, the Accuplacer Writing Test can be used in place of an ACT score; for students needing a Political Science perquisite, the Accuplacer Reading Test can be used. Students needing a math score for either a math or chemistry class can take the ALEKS exam. All of these tests can be scheduled through the Testing Center.
How can students meet prerequisite requirements if they have not yet taken the ACT?

Not all concurrent enrollment classes have a prerequisite; however, for those that do, students will need to complete the perquisite prior to registering for the class. For students who have not taken the ACT or do not have an ACT score that meets the perquisite requirements, they have the option of taking placement tests. For classes requiring either a Reading or Writing placement score, students will need to take the appropriate Accuplacer Next Generation test. For classes requiring a Math placement score, students will need to take the ALEKS exam (an additional $15 charge for the program). These tests can be taken at UT’s Professional Testing Center for $10 each. Students can see the hours of operation through the Testing Center.


Check-Out Placement Test Requirements

How do my concurrent enrollment courses apply to my high school graduation requirements?

General education courses (required by UT for associate and bachelor degrees) overlap with many of the high school graduation requirements. For example, a student may take an ENGL 1010 course (required by UT) and also have that course count towards their Language Arts 12 required by the high school. Each CE course has a high school equivalent, whether it be as a core requirement or an elective. To see exactly how CE courses fulfill high school requirements, students can look at the CE Master List.

View the Concurrent Enrollment Master List

Where can I find course descriptions?

All concurrent enrollment courses and their description can be found on our Course Descriptions page.

Course Descriptions

When and how can middle school students start preparing to take concurrent enrollment courses?

While UT only requires a 3.0 GPA to participate in concurrent enrollment, individual schools may set a higher standard to ensure students are successful.

Example: Some middle schools look specifically at the student’s grade in their 8th grade computer class to determine eligibility for CIS 1200 (Business Office Specialist) in the 9th grade. One high school requires a minimum GPA of 3.5 in order to take CE classes on their campus. Dual immersion students need to work hard from the very beginning of their program so they will be competent to pass the AP exam in 9th grade—opening the door to 3000 level college level courses during 10th, 11th & 12th grade.

If students are interested in STEM fields they should plan to take:

  • Honors Biology in 9th grade to prepare them for BIOL 1610/15 in 10th grade. We recommend saving chemistry or physics for a later year after they have had more math. We do not recommend 1010 science classes for STEM students.

and one of the following:

    • Sec. Math I in the 8th grade setting them up for MATH 1050 & 1060 during 11th grade at their high school and Calculus I & II their senior year at UT
    • Honors Sec. Math 1, 2 & 3 from 9th-11th grade (allowing them to skip MATH 1050 and take MATH 1080 and Calculus I their senior year at UT