To be eligible for concurrent enrollment, the student must:
- Have a high school GPA of 3.0
- Be completing course requirements at an approved, state funded, public or charter high school.
- Be taking at least one class at the resident high school.
- Have a State Student ID Number (SSID) and Student School District ID Number–all of which can be obtained from the student’s high school guidance counselor.
- Register for the appropriate number of credits as designated by their high school guidance counselor.
- Only complete a maximum of 30 concurrent enrollment credit hours in one school year (15 credit hours per semester – fall & spring) in order to receive concurrent enrollment reduced tuition rates. Concurrent enrollment funding does not include the summer term.
- Remember that college classes are more difficult than high school classes. Students should plan to spend two hours work outside of class for each college credit (example: 3 credit course = 9 hours total per week; 3 in class and 6 out of class).
- Please request a copy of your high school transcript be sent from your high school registrar or guidance counselor to the Utah Tech University Concurrent Enrollment office.